What do you do when you have a great idea but are not sure of the best way to implement it? In the nonprofit formation stage, you share your vision and goals. I will listen to your ideas and help you determine the best structure to accomplish your dreams and objectives. A few of the topics to consider in the nonprofit formation stage are:
- Choice of Entity – nonprofit corporation, charitable trust, unincorporated association, for-profit corporation and others
- Revenue Sources – single donor gift, government grants, fees from charitable activities, membership dues, etc.
- Organizational Documents –certificates of formation, bylaws, conflicts of interest and other relevant governance policies
- Filing Obligations – costs and timing
- Board Members and Officers – leadership traits and skill sets